Back to The OPAG Homepage
The Senior Voice is the only statewide monthly publication dedicated to Alaskans 50 and older. Each month, this award-winning newspaper brings you the most interesting people and places along with the latest news of interest to Alaskans 50 and older.
Our regular features include:
· “When seniors travel ...” – Hot tips from Juneau travel writer Mike Miller, who has been a Senior Voice contributor for 17 years.
· Tech Talk – Down-to-earth discussion on how to make technology work for you, by newsman Larry Campbell, a Senior Voice contributor for six years.
· “Around OPAG” – a monthly column by Rita Hatch, covering Medicare and Social Security issues.
· Alaska features and columns by Edna Woolston of Sutton, Marilyn George of Petersburg, Elizabeth Caudra of Juneau, Donnis Stark Thompson of Nikiski, plus regular columns by Sheryl Stanek, a home economist with the University of Alaska Fairbanks, and Judy Gray, an RN and clinical educator.
· Aunt Phil’s Trunk – This celebration of Alaskana is written by Laurel Bill of Anchorage, based on the writings and research of her aunt, Phyllis Carlson, who grew up in Cordova, taught school in the Bush and was a reference librarian in Anchorage.
· Rambles – A rundown of who's doing what around Alaska, compiled from senior center newsletters and readers' tips.
· Calendar of events – What’s going on and where.
· Legal Matters – Written by Glenn Cravez, an Anchorage attorney who also takes part in the AARP Legal Services Network.
· Washington Watch – Syndicated news articles from Senior Wire.
· Health & Medicine – Articles on the latest health issues, both nationally and in Alaska.
· Around the State – News and features for and about Alaskans 50 and older.
Home | Art | Medicare | Social Security | Opinion | Contact | Education